Looking to succeed in Hollywood? Montage is a screenwriting application to put your movie ideas down and organize all aspects of your story.
My first impression of Montage is that it's easy enough for almost anyone to use. The different elements, like script, scenes, characters or research are on listed on the left. You can easily add or remove new ones, enter keywords for better identification and format your entries. Montage comes with a selection of nice script templates to start out from, among which some from the BBC. Importing are exporting is also extremely easy.
Serious film directors might feel a little disappointed with Montage as it lacks some essential features. For one, you can not track changes made to your script. Montage also lacks a proper timeline view. You can set it to split scene or full screen, but only if you are looking at your script or specific scenes.
Thanks to an attractive interface, Montage is probably a good choice for aspiring movie directors. However more seasoned writers will lament the display limitations and lack of change tracking.
- Fixed a crash in 10.6 that would occur when dismissing the template sheet
- Fixed a crash in 10.6 that would occur when changing templates
- Fixed a crash in 10.6 that would occur when checking spelling/grammar
- Fixed a crash in 10.6 that would occur when right clicking on a scene in scenes view
- We do not recommend this update for users running Mac OS X 10.4.x. Users running 10.5 can run this version of the application, but will probably not notice anything different between 1.5.3 and 1.5.4.